Founded in 2018, Angitia is a clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of breakthrough therapeutics that address the key unmet medical needs in serious musculoskeletal diseases. With the team’s experience and scientific expertise in novel drug development, Angitia is dedicated to bringing innovative therapies to help patients worldwide.
Please visit us at www.angitiabio.com or scan below QR code for Angitia Wechat official account to learn more.
We are seeking an exceptional senior scientist (titled Principal Scientist to Sr. Research Director commiserate on experience and expertise) to join the pre -clinical pharmacology team in Translational Science. The primary focus of the department is to translate newly discovered biological targets and pioneering therapeutics using preclinical animal models to inform human disease for drug candidate selection and progression to clinical trials. The ideal candidate will oversee and manage the preclinical pharmacology laboratory, including experimental protocol design and execution. The individual in this position will report to the Senior Vice President of Translational Science, and be responsible for managing a laboratory of 5-7 junior scientists while designing, conducting, and analyzing in vitro and in vivo experiments employing various experimental approaches. Additionally, as the head of the laboratory, the individual will be responsible for instituting appropriate protocols, laboratory safety, and SOPs, while maintaining meticulous data documentation (including oversight of team member notebooks, and data organization and storage), instrumentation and supplies. Our research areas comprise of, but are not limited to, new drug discovery and development for severe musculoskeletal disorders such as osteoporosis, osteogenesis imperfecta, and other disorders related to bone, cartilage, and muscle. An ideal candidate is a seasoned scientist who has spent a considerable amount of training in the musculoskeletal field, has extensive experience and expertise in utilizing various animal models of human musculoskeletal diseases, as well as in molecular and cell biology techniques.
1. Supervises work of lab team, including planning, assigning and scheduling work, reviewing work and ensuring quality data standards, training staff and overseeing their productivity. May offer recommendations for hiring, termination and pay adjustments.
2. Maintains laboratory productivity by monitoring the workload of functional areas.
3. Designs, plans, oversees, and independently performs in-vivo experiments using small and larger animal models to dissect complex molecular phenotypes associated with human disease findings in musculoskeletal disease field.
4. Designs and tests the biology of novel molecules in specific in-vitro and/or ex-vivo cell- based
5. Implements new programs, tests, methods, and instrumentation.
6. Identifies informational needs to manage laboratory information systems.
7. Establishes quality standards to maintain laboratory safety protocols, SOPs and laboratory equipment use and performance.
8. Oversees laboratory expenses and costs, while keeping supplies stocked by determining inventory level.
9. Meets during weekly lab meetings with other technical personnel to ensure all lab procedures and equipment are working well and institute improvements when needed.
10. Prepares and presents study reports and data analyses.
11. Drafts regulatory documents in support of drug development.
12. Prepares manuscripts for scientific publications.
13. Collaborates with cross functional teams within the company as well as external CROs and collaborators that support the drug development pipeline.
1. PhD or equivalent degree in the field of biomedical science (biochemistry, physiology, and pharmacology, etc.) and a minimum of 4 years of research experience in musculoskeletal disease area with good track record of scientific presentations and publications.
2. Demonstrated experience in in vivo studies, proficient with microscopy / histology tissue process and analysis.
3. Hands-on experience in molecular and cellular biology techniques including qPCR, Western Blots, cell culture, ELISA, and more.
4. Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and solve complex problems.
5. Demonstrated management skills that include training and oversight of junior researchers.
6. Ability to manage heavy workload, demands on time and resources and prioritize effectively. 7. Effective oral, written, communication skills in English and Chinese are required.
8. Able to excel in a fast-track environment while requiring multi-tasking across multiple projects.