Founded in August 1994 at Sun Valley, Idaho, the International Chinese Musculoskeletal Research Society (ICMRS, renamed from the International Chinese Hard Tissue Society, known as ICHTS) is a non-profit professional organization, striving to facilitate the exchange of ideas and to promote collaboration among scientists in the fields of musculoskeletal research.
ICMRS seeks to promote scientific and professional excellence and to enhance communication among scientists of Chinese heritage and other international scholars in the field of musculoskeletal research and related areas.
ICMRS does not, and will not have any political affiliation with any specific nation or region. As a world-wide organization, ICMRS is open to all professionals and trainees in all areas of musculoskeletal and related research or clinical practice.
- Provide members with opportunities for communication, networking, and collaboration;
- Develop and implement a strong mentoring program to promote career and technical advancements of our global members;
- Encourage and recognize the scientific contributions of our members by providing achievement and travel awards to attend scientific meetings;
- Provide an esteemed unit of scientific and technical consultants to assist China in supporting scientific research and drug development in the field of musculoskeletal research.
- 1st President: Mei-Shu Shih, PhD (1994 - 1996)
- 2nd President: Webster SS Jee, PhD (1996 - 1997)
- 3rd President: Xiao-Jian Li, MD (1997 - 2000)
- 4th President: Hua-Zhu David Ke, MD (2000 - 2003)
- 5th President: Darren Xiaohui Ji, MD, PhD (2003 - 2005)
- 6th President: Di Chen, PhD (2005 - 2007)
- 7th President: Yi-Xian Qin, PhD (2007 - 2009)
- 8th President: Ling Qin, PhD (2009 - 2011)
- 9th President: Edward Guo, PhD (2011-2013)
- 10th President: Xu Cao, PhD (2013-2015)